Spring has sprung, my friends, and I couldn’t be happier! This spring has been a little rough for me though so far. I gave up sweets for lent…I know I know what was I thinking. Obviously I wasn’t because I’m seriously dying. Sugar addiction is real people and I’m actually going through withdrawals. I’ll be honest though, I have cheated a couple times and today was one of those days. Although if it counts for anything I only had one bite…I swear!
Just because I’m not eating sweets doesn’t mean I’m going to stop baking! I couldn’t resist making these adorable and delicious spring M&M cookies. I mean, how cute are they?! I had to. I ended up making a ton of these cookies this morning and decided to give them out to my neighbors as a little spring surprise. This is why I had to sneak a bite though you guys, I had to make sure they were good enough to give away. They were amazing and it took everything in my power not to eat ten of them.
These are the perfect M&M cookies. They are loaded with white chocolate chips and M&M’s. The recipe only calls for 1/2 a cup of M&M’s to be mixed in the dough, then top the cookie dough with additional M&M’s. This is the best way to see the colorful spring M&Ms on the surface. I’m sharing the recipe below with you guys because I know you’re going to love it!
Spring M&M Cookie Recipe:
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 sticks of butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup spring colored M&Ms, plus another 1/2 cup for topping
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt and baking soda.
- In a large bowl mix together sugar, brown sugar, butter, and vanilla until creamy.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add both eggs, one at a time.
- Add in flour mixture slowly.
- Fold in the white chocolate chips and spring colored M&M’s to mixture.
- Scoop cookie dough onto to baking sheet and top with additional M&M’s (4 or 5 to each cookie).
- Bake 8-9 minutes, just until edges are a light golden brown.
- Cookie should look slightly under done, they’ll continue baking when you take them out.
I hope you guys enjoy this spring M&M cookie recipe as much as I do! I need to sign off because I can’t stare at these pictures any longer. Have a great weekend!